24 Lyttleton Street
Launceston TAS 7250
Telephone 03 6335 3333
Calvary Health Care Tasmania St Luke's CampusLCMHC Home
promoting recovery & growth
Calvary Health Care Launceston is committed to providing health and wellbeing options for those requiring emotional and psychological care.
The unit, located within St Luke's Campus and the sole private mental health facility in Northern Tasmania, offers a range of holistic treatment programs within a structured but flexible framework. You can contact the Unit on 03 6335 3249.
The team, in partnership with the patient and their family, will deliver a supportive and individualised plan of care using an approach that promotes recovery and growth.
The general inpatient program will facilitate symptom reduction, motivation, learning new skills and coping strategies, improved emotional strength and development of sustainable life enriching goals.
Both day and overnight patient services are available to people who:
- Have appropriate cover (private health insurance, MAIB, DVA, Workers Compensation, self insured)
- Are admitted on a voluntary basis
- Are eighteen years and over
- Are admitted under the care of a treating doctor (psychiatrist)
- Are experiencing conditions such as anxiety, depression, panic, obsessive compulsion, psychiatric disorders, substance issues with mental illness and medication adjustments that meet the admission criteria.
- We offer individualised and specialised programs focused on support, education, understanding skill development and self-management
- The Unit is managed by a Level 3 Clinical Psychiatric Nurse Manager, supported by a group of Private Psychiatrists and a multidisciplinary team consisting of Psychologists, Nurses, Social Worker, Occupational/group/creative Art Therapist and Pastoral Carer.
Patients at risk of harming themselves/others or who are suffering unstable medical conditions will require referral to a higher care unit. If you are unsure about patient eligibility/admission criteria contact the Clinical Nurse Manager on 03 6335 3249.
Service Costs for patients:
- Prior to admission, patients will need to confirm type and level of cover provided by their insurance (including any restrictions, limitations, excess or co-payments)
- For further information about inpatient service fees and charges contact Calvary Launceston Patient Admission Services on 03 6332 4855.
Referral, Assessment and Admission information for GP's and Clinicians:
- Referrals for admission must be made by a GP contacting the Calvary Clinic Nurse Manager on 03 6335 3249 between the hours of 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Calvary requires comprehensive information be provided during the phone assessment including:
- Patient name, address, date of birth, phone number
- Patient insurance cover details
- Patient diagnosis, current treatments, medical history
- Referrer's details.
- Referrals are screened and assessed by the Clinical Nurse Manager and admitting Private Psychiatrist to confirm suitability based on criteria for admission. The GP will be contacted to confirm admission suitability.
- On confirmation of admission approval, a written referral from the GP covering the information provided in phone assessment must be faxed to 03 6335 3248.
A GP Mental Health Treatment Plan is not required for referral, however if one exists and it is appropriate to provide a copy, it would assist in patient treatment planning.
We welcome you into private, peaceful and comfortable surroundings, offering over night patients:
- Private room accommodation including ensuite and television
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Communal lounge and entertainment area
- Dining room, kitchen and laundry
- Outdoor area
- Central location
- On site visitor parking
- Daily newspaper